Avani Dias, Ange McCormack and Ali Russell
Bumble will now enable users to hold communications and report another individual also whether they have been unmatched
Dating software Bumble changed its ‘unmatch’ feature after having a Hack and Four Corners investigation uncovered sexual predators are utilizing it to erase proof and give a wide berth to accountability.
The function that is unmatch intended to provide dating app users the ability to delete individuals who they feel unsafe conversing with and immediately deletes their talk history.
Nevertheless the Four Corners and Hack research found a pattern of intercourse offenders utilising the function on Tinder to block their victims after having a rape to delete any trace of the previous interaction.
In the event that you or some body you know needs help:
- Call 1800 RESPECT or visit their internet site
- Survivors of youth traumatization can contact the Blue Knot Foundation on 1300 657 380 or check out their site
- Children Helpline: call 1800 55 1800 or see their site
- Lifeline: call 13 11 14 or go to their site
- QLife: call 1800 184 527 or see their site
A triple j Hack callout discovered the unmatch function has also been getting used by offenders on other popular dating apps like Hinge and Bumble.